The Coordinator will work independently to coordinate volunteers and carry out the necessary functions to present a community festival and sanctioned barbecue competition.
Submit Resume and Cover Letter to: email@example.com No phone calls, please.
Application deadline: Friday, August 19, 2016.
The Scope of Work includes:
- Organization Management: Support and manage all festival committees.
- Sponsorship: Work with the Sponsorship Committee to solicit financial support for the event. Track prospect assignments, registration, payment and benefits.
- Vendors: Solicit craft, commercial and food vendors, tracking registration, payments, space, logistic requirements.
- Entertainment: Work with the Entertainment Chair to schedule entertainers, confirm, promote, introduce and accommodate.
- Competitors: Work with the Festival Chair to solicit competition teams, tracking registration, payment, space, logistics, and to meet the requirements of the competition sanctioning body.
- Publicity: Work with the PR Committee to prepare registration material and website, and to promote the event and recognize sponsors via social media, print advertising, editorial, posters, signs, banners, radio and to produce the Festival Guide.
- Logistics: Work with the Festival Chair to prepare the festival area with marked competition and vendor spaces, stage, sound equipment, restroom facilities, parking, communication, solid waste management.
- Volunteers: Recruit, train, assign and supervise all volunteers.
- Administrative: Keep registration lists, track payments, manage payables.
- Other: Duties as necessary or assigned.
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: This is a contract (non-employee) position. The coordinator will provide his or her own office space and equipment and will work as necessary to complete the required tasks. Contractor will receive Form 1099 and will be responsible for all taxes. Most expenses will be paid directly through the CIS office. Coordinator will be reimbursed for mileage and incidentals.
Duration: September 15, 2016-April 15, 2017. Must be fully available March 8-12.
Compensation: $1000 per month.